0

Top 10 Summer Songs of 2013

Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another non-book related blog post. I actually haven't finished any books since my last post, but it's very close to summer break and school has been crazy lately.
Here are my top 10 summer songs of 2013. I chose mostly light, fun, feel-good songs, because that's what I like to listen to in the summertime. Let me know down below what your favorite summer songs are!


Daughter - Landfill
This song is really beautiful, and probably my favorite song by Daughter. It's really great for those calm days with lots of sun. I'm going to see Daughter this summer as well! Ah, I can't wait.

Jonas Alaska - I Saw You Kid
I've added some Norwegian artists in here, and Jonas Alaska is one of them. His new album is pretty good, but I Saw You Kid is definitely my favorite song out of the bunch.



Bastille - The Weight of Living part 1 & 2
Bastille has become one of my favorite bands, and my favourite summer songs on their new album is Weight of Living part 1 and 2. If I had to pick a favorite out of the two, I would probably choose part two though, because of the electronic beat, and I overall think it's more catchy.


Mikhael Paskalev - I Spy
Another Norwegian artist. His voice is pretty similar to Jonas Alaska's, and some of the songs on both of their albums are pretty similar, but I like I Spy better than most of Alaska's songs. I think I like Jonas Alaska better overall though. This song is definitely worth checking out!



Daft Punk - Get Lucky
I had to include this song, didn't I? It's the summer song of the year, and oh god, it's catchy. I'm just praying that there won't be another hit like Call Me Maybe that pushes it off the top of the charts. I don't like a lot of other songs by Daft Punk, so this is definitely my favorite.


Walk The Moon - Anna Sun
This was released in January 2012 but I'm still not tired off it.  It's not my favorite song on this list, but I still recommend it.


Jonas Alaska - In The Backseat
Another song by Jonas Alaska. This was his first single and it was released in 2011. It was played a lot on the radio here in Norway, so most Norwegians know the song, but not a lot of people know the artist. I really recommend Jonas Alaska, and I love this song.



Tegan and Sara - Closer
This was released in November, but I think it works all year round. Tegan and Sara are both really talented, and this song is super catchy!



CHVRCHES - Recover
I just discovered CHVRCHES and I'll definitely listen to them a lot this summer. I love Lauren Mayberrys voice as well!

I hope you discovered some new songs! What are some of your favorite summer songs?

Posted in

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response